The Anguil Thermal Recuperative Oxidizer destroys Hazardous Air Pollutants (HAPs), Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) and odorous emissions that are often discharged from various industrial processes. The air pollution control device uses the proper mix of temperature, residence time, turbulence and oxygen to achieve destruction or thermal oxidation.
How the Thermal Recuperative Oxidizer Works
The Thermal Oxidizer is designed based on volume of airflow, organic vapor concentrations and desired destruction efficiency. During operation, HAP and VOC laden air is drawn into the system fan and discharged into the inlet where it is preheated in the tube side (typically) of a shell-and-tube style heat exchanger. Contaminated air then passes by the burner where it is raised to the thermal oxidation temperature (1,200-1,800ºF / 650-1,000ºC) for the specified residence time (0.5 - 2.0 seconds) and an exothermic reaction takes place. The pollutants are converted to carbon dioxide, water vapor and heat with within the reactor chamber.
The hot, purified air then passes again through the shell side (typically) of the heat exchanger where the energy released by the reaction is used to preheat the incoming air. The heat exchanger minimizes the system's fuel consumption with the system being self-sustaining at moderate Lower Explosive Limits (LELs). Finally, the contaminant-free air is exhausted into the atmosphere.
Applications which carry silicones may have the configuration reversed, allowing the hot silicone laden air to pass through the tube side of the heat exchanger after the burner for maintenance and cleaning.
- Reactor has ceramic lining, high density insulation and painted steel weatherproof enclosure
- A multiple pass, 309L or 321L stainless steel, shell-and-tube heat exchanger
- Independent combustion air blower avoids aldehyde formation due to proper oxygen content
- Gas trains are designed to meet FM Global or any international certifications such as CSA, EN, TSSA, CGA and ATEX
- FM approved modulating burner can operate on either natural gas or propane
- Low NOX burner designed to maintain temperature during full flow, no VOC process conditions
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) based controls with digital data recorder and remote telemetry
- Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) allows for high volumetric turn-down during idle or low process conditions
- Specialty designs for silicone and particulate matter
- Higher alloy heat exchangers for corrosive applications
- Modulating damper and heat exchanger by-pass prevent over temperature concerns for high concentrations situations
- Acid gas scrubber module with a completely integrated control system
- Secondary heat and Energy Recovery Solutions
- Skid or remote mounted panels and enclosure rooms available for system controls
- Custom oxidizer design options to meet space restrictions
Anguil's Cost Effective Design:
The Recuperative Oxidizer is designed as part of Anguil's broad line of technologically advanced, yet user-friendly, air pollution control products and abatement technologies. Anguil's experience includes over 35 years of Regenerative, Recuperative, Catalytic and Direct-Fired oxidizer manufacturing, ranging in size from 100 to 500,000 SCFM (150-800,000 Nm3/hr). These vapor combustion technologies are used in conjunction with Emission Concentrator Systems, Scrubbers, Soil Remediation Equipment and Ceramic Filter Systems for industrial processes. Each product line represents value-engineered systems with emphasis on cost minimization. All systems are designed for seamless integration into the process, optimal performance and trouble-free operation.
Operating Cost Reduction Strategies:
The Anguil philosophy is to provide innovative air pollution control technologies including engineering, equipment manufacturing, installation, startup and post-sale service. Other benefits to working with Anguil:
- 24 Hour customer service and support
- Multiple technology offerings ensure unbiased recommendations
- Complete aftermarket sales department
- Over 30 years of oxidizer manufacturing experience